Since reopening, we are following COVID-19 safety protocols, providing a safe as possible environment for both client and therapist. Below are changes that have been made for your protection, helping you to restore your peace of mind while also being able to enjoy your needed benefits of therapeutic massage and bodywork treatments.
Prescreening before Your Appointment
To best protect your health and the health of others, you'll be asked pre-screening questions related to COVID-19 and your current health, before each massage and bodywork session. For example:
- Have you tested Positive for COVID-19, or been in contact with someone who has in the past 14 days?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19 and are currently awaiting the test results?
- Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a doctor or a local public health official in the last 14 days?
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms as a NEW PATTERN since the beginning of the pandemic: Fever, Chills, Sore Throat, Cough, Runny nose, Fatigue, Shortness of breath, Digestive issues, Loss of sense of taste or smell, Rash or skin lesions (especially on the feet), Sudden onset of muscle soreness (not related to a specific activity)?
- Have you had a fever in the last 24 hours of 100.4 degrees F. or higher?
Note: If you answer "yes" to any of the above questions, we will be unable to provide you in-person services.
- Only one client is present in the facility at a time. (If a client is accompanied by a person serving as a caregiver or guardian, that guest must observe all other requirements of clients).
- Wearing a clean face mask is mandatory for both client and therapist for the duration of the client's visit.
- Upon entry into the facility, the client (1) uses hand sanitizer, (2) is touch-free temperature scanned, and (3) completes a COVID-19 related questionnaire. The client must pass this first screening step before entering into the inner office and treatment areas.
Your therapist is wellness checked at the start of the day and before each client visit, and screens each client using a touch-free thermometer before each appointment. Readings above 100 degrees F. will necessitate the appointment to be canceled/rescheduled. We cannot provide services if you have a fever or any other symptoms related to COVID-19.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Your therapist wears a face mask and apron which will be changed between each client.
- Gloves are also available for treatment if desired by the client.
- In addition to the face masks worn by both client and therapist, for additional protection - a table shield is also used during treatment of the neck and shoulders while the client is face-up on the table, then removed when the client moves to prone (face down) position.
Additional Sanitization and Disinfecting
- As always, all linens used during a client's treatment session are removed to the laundry. All table, face cradle, and table shield surfaces are cleaned and disinfected before freshly laundered and sanitized linens are replaced for the next client.
- The bathroom is equipped with both a touch-free soap dispenser and touch-free paper towel dispenser.
- All high-touch surfaces in the entryway, office, massage room, and bathroom are cleaned and disinfected after each client.
- A medical grade air purifier is run for a minimum of one hour after each client visit.
We will continue to do all of the above for everyone's safety. Please contact me with any questions you may have. We wish you all the best. Be happy, be well!